Men As Learners and Elders (M.A.L.Es) in Southern California.
We reclaim the spiritual initiation of men through experiential journeying into the True Self, creating a tradition for future generations.
We commit to:
- Directing men in lifelong spiritual learning.
- Training men to be Elders.
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with program participants.
- Providing Men’s Rites of Passage.
- Developing additional rites as needed.
- Every man is a Beloved Son of God.
- Men are capable of serious spiritual journeys.
- Our message is grounded in the Christian Paschal Mystery while integrating the symbols and rituals from other religions and cultures.
- Men must seek to improve their conscious contact with God through prayer and meditation.
- Men must have the affirmation and guidance of wise mentors.
- Men have a need and responsibility to mentor future generations.
- In a universal message of love and faith that transcends the boundaries of race, nation, culture, gender, economics/class, politics, sexual orientation and religious differences.
- Men must seek honest mutuality in their relationships with women in thought, word and deed.
- Men must recognize and critique their own power with regard to women, minorities and the poor, and use their power for justice in the world.
- There is a need for collaborating with like-minded groups and other faith traditions.